Alprazolam Oral Solution?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take alprazolam oral solution. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
- If you have been taking alprazolam oral solution for a long time or at high doses, it may not work as well and you may need higher doses to get the same effect. This is known as tolerance. Call your doctor if alprazolam oral solution stops working well. Do not take more than ordered.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how alprazolam oral solution affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking alprazolam oral solution.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
- Have your blood work checked if you are on alprazolam oral solution for a long time. Talk with your doctor.
- If you drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit often, talk with your doctor.
- If you start or stop smoking, talk with your doctor. How much drug you take may need to be changed.
- If you are 65 or older, use this oral solution with care. You could have more side effects.
- If you have been taking this solution on a regular basis and you stop it all of a sudden, you may have signs of withdrawal. This includes seizures. Do not stop taking alprazolam oral solution all of a sudden without calling your doctor. Tell your doctor if you have any bad effects.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant, especially in the first trimester.
- If you are pregnant or you get pregnant while taking alprazolam oral solution, call your doctor right away.
How is this medicine best taken?
Use alprazolam oral solution as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Use the dropper that comes with alprazolam oral solution to measure the drug.
- Mix the liquid with water, juice, soda, applesauce, or pudding before taking it.
- Swallow the mixture right away. Do not store for use at a later time.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take alprazolam oral solution on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times alprazolam oral solution is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.